Sunday, December 23, 2007

Last School Visit Of 2007!

Last week (12/20) I made a quick trip up to Rockbridge County to speak with the fourth and fifth graders at Effinger Elementary School about weather. It was a beautiful drive up to Lexington, and then back into Collierstown. While most students would be too excited about the upcoming winter break to pay attention to a guest speaker, Mrs. Wheeler's students were a captive audience. They asked great questions and seemed genuinely interested in weather and broadcasting. Effinger wraps up my school visits for 2007, but there's more to come in '08. I've logged over 900 miles in my travels to local schools since October, and talked with almost 700 students during that time. It's great to get out of the station and talk about weather whenever time allows! Special thanks again to Effinger for a great trip... I'll see you again in late February for Read Across America Day! (Pictured: Jay with Melanie Falls, EES principal)

No comments: