Monday, August 11, 2008

Back From The Beach

Vacation 2008 is quickly winding down for the Webb family. We drove to Myrtle Beach and enjoyed some much needed rest and relaxation.

I've always wanted to buy my son Parker one of those "heavy duty" Tonka dump trucks. I had two growing up. I got my first one when I was his age, and another one many years later after the first one rusted to pieces.

So I did it. At 1:30am - just hours before we left for South Carolina - I went to Wal-Mart and bought the $30 monstrosity. I buried it in our car below bags, suitcases and beach towels so Parker wouldn't see his new toy until we arrived. I was going to surprise my wife with the gift from father-to-son when we got to our condo, but I was so excited about my purchase I told her before we even got to Greensboro. Once we got to the Grand Strand and unpacked, I presented Parker with his dump truck. He loved it for about 30 seconds, and then started playing with his "Thomas the Tank Engine" trains (he LOVES those things!) Eventually, however, he warmed up to his big yellow earth mover and quickly learned how to push it around. It's so big, he could sit in it and I could push him. I think he moved more sand this past week than Hurricane Hugo. Now that we're back home, he's hauling sand from his sandbox across our backyard. Any golfers are welcome to come to my house and practice their bunker shots. I've got more sand traps than Augusta National! To close, the beach trip was a blast. Parker loved his new toy, and I got to sleep and eat seafood. I'm ready to return to work - so that's got to be a sign of a good vacation! Take care! --Jay

No comments: