Thursday, February 12, 2009

Success! The Joys of Parenthood

I'm so proud of our little boy, Parker! He has just about mastered potty training. This "obstacle" was probably one reason my wife and I (or at least "I") waited so long to have a child in the first place. Honestly, it's never been something I've been looking forward to - at all! The thought of it makes my stomach turn! Truth be told, my wife and our awesome child-care provider have done a lot of the training, and it's paying off!

Tonight, just before dinner, Parker announced to us he had to go to the potty. He was insistent to go by himself. I've seen him do "number 1" before, but never "number 2". After a few minutes, he called out to my wife and I to "come see!" He was so proud of his first successful "splash down" all by himself in the "big boy potty".

His reward, after praising him with "great job!" several times was a new pair of "big boy" Thomas the Tank Engine underwear. I'm going to have to get a matching pair, I'm afraid.

No comments: