Saturday, September 1, 2007

Geography (such as)

As local students return to class, the SkyTracker7 meteorologists will soon be asked to visit classrooms and talk about weather and our jobs. The question often comes up, "How do you become a meteorologist?" To answer this, we usually tell the students to learn about math and science. I also add that geography is very important.

Recently, Miss Teen USA/South Carolina was asked why 1/5 of Americans can't locate the U.S. on a world map. As she points out - most Americans don't have maps, which leads to the problem... such as. The YouTube video above is your geography lesson of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't always agree with you, but I see that you are objective in your
postings. Despite the differences I still enjoy reading your posts and I
often learn even when our viewpoints are different. :-)