Thursday, September 20, 2007

News Team Assemble!


Going through some old stuff the other day I ran across a pile of pictures from my early days in the biz. For those of you who don't know, I worked at the TV station in Harrisonburg for six years. For most of that time I was the weekday morning and noon weatherman, but when I first arrived I worked the weekend shift. Your weekend news team in Harrisonburg in 2000 consisted of yours truly with weather duties, Brad Ramsey with sports, and scoop reporter/producer/anchor Rachel DePompa. Yep - that's the same Rachel that's currently NEWS 7's New River Valley Bureau Chief! Brad is now the general manager of a TV station in Winchester. Those were happy days! If we would've known in 2000 where we would be in 2007 I think we would've been even more happy. Life has turned out pretty good. We would also like to think we gave Hollywood the idea for "Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy" - but we can't take credit for that. Hope you've enjoyed this walk down Memory Lane.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jay some of us here still remember that and your old buddy Jenel who kinda whipped up on you in the pinewood derby she has left us now too.

harrisonburg