Thursday, February 14, 2008

Bring on the heat (and humidity)

It happens every year about this time. A point I want to get outdoors without having to put on a sweater, coat or even a jacket. No gloves. No hot chocolate. A point I want 70 degree overnight low temperatures. 90% humidity. Dewpoints around 70! Scattered afternoon thunderstorms. Maybe even an excessive heat warning thrown in for good measure. Baseball. Swimming. Fishing. A point I even want to (dare I say it) mow. That time of year happened today. While I'll soon get tired of mowing my yard on a diagonal cut, pulling weeds from my wife's flower beds, nightly watering of her flowers, and 70 degree overnight low temperatures; right now, I'm ready! My wife and I have already made an outdoor assessment of "to-do" jobs to our house this year. We decided the shutters must be painted, and we (I) have to stain our decks. Again, I can't wait! So I say, forget Valentine's Day - I'm officially ready for spring... even summer! Bring it on! (Pictured above: Our son, Parker, mowing with his bubble-making mover last summer. Note his concentration as I teach him how to mow on a perfectly neat diagonal line. I'll have him making a checker-board pattern within a few years!)

No comments: